K first things first, four posts in two days for me, whaaat!? Who am I? Anywho, onto the more important matter… I have to say as a fairly new blogger, I was tickled pink to receive this award from Lindsay at Awaiting Autumn, so thank you!
This is an awesome way to distract from infertility, and to get to know each other better! So here are the answers to Lindsay’s questions;
- Are you a morning person or a night person? And why?
Totally night person. I hate getting up in the morning, but I can be so productive in the evening, after I’ve had plenty of time to piss around all day, I finally get motivation in the evening. Plus I get distracted by books, my phone, ect. and it keeps me up until the wee hours. J is totally a morning person, so he gets up with the dogs at 6am (thank you!).
- Name 1 destination or activity that is on your bucket list.
Oh man, this is so hard. I am a travel agent and I have been to a lot of places, but I still really want to go to the Galapagos islands. 1) Because I am a scuba diver, and the marine life here is crazy diverse. 2) I love Charles Darwin, and this is where he did a ton of research that was lent to more proof of the theory of evolution (I have a dog named Darwin).
- What is your all-time favorite smell?
Hm, this is kind of hard because there are a lot of different things, but there is this essential oil from the body shop called Satsuma (like the citrus fruit) and it is divine!
- What book(s) are you reading right now?
I just started reading “The Silent Wife” after it popped up on my Goodreads account, but I am not very far into it. I just recently read “Me Before You” by JoJo Moynes. Amazing. Very sad, but such a good story.
- What’s 1 thing you miss about being a kid?
This is pretty obvious, but no responsibility, and adult worries. Ever since being thrust into the world of IF, I have come to resent being an adult a little bit.
- What physical trait do you like the best about your body? We are all beautiful. Don’t be shy now.
Hmmm, tricky one. I have a rather awkward, boyish figure that I don’t love but I do like my eyes. They are a blue-y gray color that change depending on the day, and what I am wearing. I’ve often been asked if I wear colored contacts.
- Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
Also hard because there are sooo many lol. I love love Adam Levine, but I think my hearts true desire would have to be Ewan McGregor. He’s not for everyone, but I swoon over him. He can sing (Moulin Rouge, plus I’ve seen him in Guys and Dolls live in London), he has a sexy accent, and he seems like such a good guy. Dream stud 😉
- If you could only have 1 of the 5 senses (see, hear, taste, smell, touch), which one would you pick and why?
Wow, tough. I think I would have to say taste because I love to cook and I love food, but without smell your sense of taste suffers. So I dunno…
- Favorite scripture verse, life motto, or quote?
“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return” – Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (the fictional one from Moulin Rouge)/Nature Boy by Eden Ahbez
From one of my all time favorite movies, and such a simple but amazing sentiment.
I would like to nominate the following amazing bloggers for their own Liebster Award (it’s hard because my own nominator and I follow a lot of the same blogs, so she’s already chosen some of them!):
(I’m going to double nominate you, so you can answer my questions too!)
anabea1 at http://mydinkishlife.wordpress.com/
Mallory at http://nobuninthisoven.wordpress.com/
How to play
If you choose to participate (why wouldn’t you? It’s awesome), no pressure, here are the rules to “accept” it.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
Answer the questions that I give you below.
- Have you always lived in the place you are currently living, if not, what took you to where you are now?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- What ability or skill do you wish you had (I’m not talking super powers here…)?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What is your favorite movie of all time (or two, I’ll allow that because mine is a tie)?
- In everyday life, what is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
- What is your favorite book?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Nominate as many blogs that you feel deserve the award.
Create a new list of questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here)
Once you have accepted your MAJOR award by writing and publishing your “acceptance” speech, you then should inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award. Also, you might want to provide a link for them back to this post or your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)